Read chapters 7, 8 and 9 from the textbook and week 2 lecture before answering the questions below. If you have any question understanding the content, please contact me.
Chapter 7: Job Design and Work Schedules
What are the benefits (mention at least three) of frequent job rotation for a person who would like to become a high-level manager? How would you apply job rotation in your current company?
2. How would a manager know if the jobs he or she supervised fit well into a high-performance work system?
Chapter 8: Organizational structure, culture, and change
3. Over the years, large business organizations have steadily reduced the number of layers in the organization structure. What purpose has this profound change in structure served?
4. Many career counselors believe that you are more likely to succeed in an organization in which you fit the culture. How could you determine before joining an organization whether you fit its culture?
Chapter 9: Human Resource and Talent Management
5. Why should a manager who does not work in the human resources department be familiar with the various aspects of talent management?
6. What have you learned about the talent management that you might apply to your own job search?
Due on Monday, July 23rd, 2018, end of the day.
Essentials of Management
Author: Andrew DuBrin, Year: 2016
ISBN 13: 9780996757874 (978-0-9967578-7-4)
ISBN: 0996757872 (0-9967578-7-2)